Thursday, December 15, 2011

About Valerie



Trained in Classic European Cuisine in a high volume catering kitchen, for a woman owned business, was the education that launched a bold and creative culinary career over thirty years ago.  As a Chef and Event Coordinator serving corporate and private clients I have planned and organized events of all sizes. My culinary adventures have included term yacht charters, private estates, and group retreats from British Columbia to California and Hawaii.

Throughout my life, I have also served as a caregiver and hospice care for family, friends and clients. I began researching and studying the healing properties of a plant based diet, daily detoxification, pH balancing, and many other holistic and homeopathic principles for self healing.  I transitioned my own diet eliminating dairy, gluten, and foods containing fungus and yeast. When I eat consciously and pay attention to proper food combining, water intake and my daily macro-nutrient needs, I feel clear headed and experience consistent energy throughout my day. Managing my weight is no longer a challenge since I've recognized the foods that were causing inflammation, joint pain, Shingles outbreaks and intestinal discomfort. My annual physical reported perfect health in celebration of my 50th Birthday. I couldn't have asked for a better gift!

My culinary passion was reignited when I decided to teach others about Nutrition for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention and our individual power to self heal. As a West Coast Chef I featured menus centered around grilled meats, fresh shellfish, artisan cheeses, hand crafted pastas and bakery selections. The challenge for me was to create clean and nutritious menus that looked fabulous and tasted even better.  The results have been seasonal (primarily) plant based menus that are inspiring clients to make a shift to vegetarian, vegan and raw nutritional choices.

If you would like private or group culinary classes and/or Chef and Catering Services for your business, family or retreat setting, please contact me with any questions.

http://ValerieAdairsCulinaryPortfolio.shutterfly.com - culinary gallery
www.Linkedin.com/pub/valerie-adair-slater/47/a/412 - on-line resume
www.Facebook.com/Valerie.culinaryart - photos & blog
http://SelfHealingCuisine.blogspot.com  - Integrative Health Links

Call me : 949.382.4424

I'm located in Laguna Niguel, California serving South Orange County.  I offer phone coaching for clients out of the area.  I look forward to encouraging you to optimal health.

Valerie Adair

1 comment:

  1. Valerie: Saw the article in the AVA with much pleasure. I noticed you spent some time in the San Juan Isl. area. This is just a trivial personal request...if you're too busy to respond, it's fine. I've a long-lost cousin, last known address the big San Juan Island...her name is Jeanette Easley, about 70 yrs of age. Ring any bells? Thank you for any info/assistance you may be able to extend. Your work is not only beautiful and yummy looking, it's...dare I say it...important. Reach me at rickweddle@hotmail.com... Quite sincerely, rw

    ReplyDelete